Yesterday I attended a flute recital at U of R given by Paul Edmund-Davies. He gave quite a charismatic performance; the entire program was a treat! Here are the pieces from the program:
The first three numbers were flute and piano sonatas written by Giuseppi Rabboni (the piano part was composed by Roger Vignoles).
- Sonata No. 20 in G Minor: Andante sostenuto–Allegro
- Sonata No. 13 in D Minor: Andante sostenuto
- Sonata No. 16 in B-flat Major: Allegro non troppo
The following pieces were also composed for flute ad piano:
- Fantasie, by Gabriel Faure
- Fujiko, by Andy Scott
- Fantasie, by Georges Hue
- Andante and Rondo, by Franz Doppler (for two flutes and piano)
Here are a few other pieces for this week:
- Her sacred spirit soars, by Eric Whitacre, for SATB choir
- Lux aurumque, by Eric Whitacre, for SATB choir
- Workers Union, by Louis Andriessen, for any loud group of instruments.
Stay tuned for the next episode on October 29th! (Yes, it will actually be on Saturday this time, as intended. And there will be several other posts in the meantime.)